This is such a gorgeous and perfect dessert for Mother’s Day. Lovely! Most definitely show stopping! That vibrant pink is perfect for Mother’s Day – love all the fresh raspberries in this one! o, so pretty and the color is stunning.
I love, love, LOVE this recipe! I’ve made it several times and it’s always a hit. I add a sprig of fresh mint to steep for 5 minutes before straining the fruit which adds a nice flavor. I also tried a blackberry/blueberry/basil version this week that was equally delicious! Awesome recipe!
This tart was fantastic! It was everything I was hoping it would be. The curd was velvety, tart, and delicious.
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely ground
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup raspberries
- Lemon peel curls, if desired
- For the raspberry curd, combine raspberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil (about 5 minutes); reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Place in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- Visit Raspberry Curd Tart @ tutti-dolci.com for full recipe and instructions.